All in a Day With Nana and Ned

A sweet little poem I wrote in a poetry competition on allpoetry.com and won the Gold award happy days.

All in a Day With Nana and Ned


Exhilaration overload

and puppy play

began my day!


Dressing gown off.

Breakfast down.


Bike in hand

headed off to the common land

cattle grid rattled.


Then soon I arrived at

Nana's and Ned's,

dived into cleaning

and making the beds,

found Tommy the cat

then everyone's fed!


Later on, after tea

we all drove out to the sea,

strolled along

until it got cold.


We ate chips in the car

gazing at stars!


Driving back at night

suddenly caught sight

of a dashing dear

freezing in fear!


All I could do was snore!

So Grandad dropped me at my door.


(c)Toni Cairns 2019.

Instagram: @abstractdistraxtions


My All poetry profile: Tappystrap

https://allpoetry.com/Tappystrap



Comments

Popular Posts