Flying Free

Flying Free

Many a tear 

many more I did weep, 

as I lay my head down on my pillow to sleep,

no more could I take as I lay there awake,

what more could he possibly, away from me take.

What little I knew as my inner self sobbed,

feeling so sorry all because I'd been robbed,

I later surmounted that meant very little,

he’d only just started, to bring on me his spittle.

Left weak on the floor choked, energy sapped,

my life is caught up in a tragedy. Trapped!

Doesn't matter how much I gnaw, bite, nibble and chew,

for I'm consumed by an overpowering glue.

Blind sided I was, 

as his control slowly crept,

over me with his beliefs, ideas and concepts, 

I became gloomy with low dark turbulent skies,

where the linings of clouds are not silver, but lies.

The power of the rain shower, 

poured down on me hard,

I had nowhere to hide, and no umbrella with which to guard.

I was in a deep black hole, lost, dark and alone,

driven crazy by the angry menacing tone,

his voice always screaming right down upon me,

one day he’d realise, learn, and finally see me

soar through the sky, like a bird up high and free,

locking him away in a box, and losing the key.


By Toni Cairns 

@babbspoetry 

Comments

Popular Posts