Universal Wonder Poem

 


Universal Wonder

Do you ever wonder where we are or what is past the furthest star, 

I do at times ponder this, with thoughts that make no sense, 

nor do I know from whence they came, but nonetheless 

I think and thunk and rack my brain, wondering from where we came, 

and why we are still here? 

We could scare ourselves and fear the worst, say we are damn well cursed, 

but I've come to like a new idea, it tickles at my fantasies, 

offers up a chancy no less, at some not now future optimism, 

we might be in a God prison! 

A game of Life on loop and the only way to return to Godly wonder, 

is to learn the lessons we once blundered, but we don't know what they are, 

we have to start from scratch, learn right quick, make things fit, it's a lot to take on board! 

A learning curve, a gaming loop we may play a million times, 

before we are sure to suffice we have learnt the lesson well, 

will we ever be able to tell if I'm right or not, I mean yes it's a long shot, 

but do you have anything better?

By 

Toni Cairns 

Comments

Popular Posts