Sometimes I Miss Understand

 Sometimes, I miss understand


Sometimes, I miss understand, 

about this place, about this land,

Why can't things be squarely, fairly, shared between the people of this planet? 

Is it the greediness of gannets?

Or is it more about the powers, 

of the tycoons who sit in towers,

why do they feel the need to devour, 

so much for only a few? 

What actually do they do? 

Their ego exploding superiority,

throws shrouds over, others of inferiority,

they disregard the priority, 

of the essential need to feed,

I've never understood why more cannot be done about the way the world is run.

Why can't more seeds be laid to reap?

Because then more lives we all would keep!

Empowered strict controls, 

destroys people's self morales,

in the end they turn blind side, 

and to themselves they've even lied.

What do we do if we cannot deny, 

about how a large amount of people die, through malnourishment and starvation

Do we admit in any way that we are in relation to?

No one wants to take the blame, 

no one dares to make a claim, 

offer up any names or defame,

the few who maybe should be shamed. 

If from this world I could remove a sin 

I know where I'd begin,

I would steal away all greed 

it's not something that we need,

instead the essentials of life should be freed, and then the many could just feed.

But a problem does exist with the idea of greed removal,

the overexpression of reproval from the people of the world.

People savour up the flavour, 

of their own earthly delights,

ignoring the plight and fight, 

to fulfill others' obligation rights.

I am one of these heads down sheeple, people,

who can't help but want to keep all, 

that I've got, and it isn't much.

But with my little I feel better off 

and I feel a little need to scoff,

at the ones who need so much 

and who are never satisfied,

between I, and them, is a great divide.

Now I've thought about it longer, 

and I feel a little stronger, 

in believing that the world would not succeed

in just the removal of the sin, greed.

To have peace upon this earth, 

to realise unconditional love not lust, there is a must, must, must, for mutual trust.


By Toni Cairns 

@babbspoetry


Who is better off: the one who needs much and is never satisfied or the one who needs little?

Comments

Popular Posts