The Stairway Poem by Toni Cairns


The Stairway 


Stairway awaits my ending 

You've journeyed up that far 

I don't know where it's heading 

Maybe, it lands upon a star? 


I feel as though you see me 

In my head your eyes are bright, 

I feel as though you hear me 

In my dreams at night. 


I believe we are forever 

Our minds do share a force, 

Thoughts and memories help us, 

Through this life long course. 


It doesn't do, to dwell on past 

And live in yesteryear, 

It doesn't do, to dwell on future 

And worry self with fear. 


Our steps are very tiny 

In the grand old scale of things,

Yet we feel every 'one'

And what to us, it brings. 


We all have varied stories 

And tales of where we've been, 

We all have varied experiences 

Of what we have seen. 


No one's is more important 

Than to the one which it belongs, 

All of our happenings, shapes us 

And makes us strong.  


So, remember everyday 

Along your journeys way 

That life is short and will 

Bring to you, what it may.  


By Toni Cairns 

 (And may it be truly wonderful, there is no greater gift than presence)

Comments

Popular Posts