My Friend

My Friend


You threw me away, you thought you knew, 

then lost belief, I was good for you.

Truth there is one, which you should know, 

because those colours stay & never go.

When we met, we locked tight for sure 

our lust tangled joy was so free & pure,

I love you & never meant us to brawl

memories treasured of us will stand tall.

Our spirits once soared high up together 

connections held through all heavy weather,

with you I had purpose & reason, a role

we smiled, joined in mind, body & soul.

But, there is no morning break for us anymore

emotions are sad, confused, hurt to the core.

Now, when I look at your face & into your eyes,

all I see is sadness & all you see is lies.

So, I am almost certain with peace in my heart

this venture has ended as once it did start,

our journeys are travelling around my best friend, 

yet, I still hope it's your hand I hold at the end.

By Toni Cairns 

@babbspoetry 

Comments

Popular Posts